Spicy Dose Mix
One would know about this Spicy Dose/Khara Dose, also popularly known as Masaale /Upphuli/Patrode Dose, if you are from Mangalore. The best thing about this dose is that it does not demand any kind of prior planning unlike regular masala or plain or set dosas (which also required at least chutney/chutneypudi/fruit jam to accompany). iPaaka Spicy Dose is a Ready to Cook Mix that will help you make instant yummy dosas on the go. You can add any vegetable to it to make it a healthy and a guilt-free snack!
iPaaka products come in reusable ziplock pouches in different weight-based packaging to suit everyone's needs. For smaller packs check out our Combo offers.
Best Before 3 months from the date of manufacture.
Storage Instructions: Use a clean and dry spoon. Refrigerating it extends its shelf-life by another 3-6 months.
Ingredients: Rice Flour, Red Chilli powder, Hing Coconut Powder, Coriander, Salt, Tamarind
- Take about 100g of iPaaka Spicy Dose/Khaara dose mix and add warm water until it becomes thick batter consistency(if you are planning to add vegetables) or watery consistency if you are planning to make plain dosas. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter and set aside for 15 mins.
- Slice up any vegetable like Ridge Gourd, Onion, Cucumber, Brinjal, Potato, Capsicum etc. Dip in the batter and put it on the greased tava to form a dose. Pour in extra batter to fill the gaps and roast it to crispness. Add one tbsp of oil (highly recommended).
- If you are craving for a plate of piping hot bajjis/bondas (fritters) to go with that hot cuppa on a rainy evening, you just got what you asked for. Drop the batter-dipped vegetable slices into a pan of hot oil and voila!!
- No Veggies? Don’t fret. Just the batter by itself is good enough to make tasty crispy Khaara masaale doses.
- For those adventurous epicureans, iPaaka Spicy Dose/Khaara dose mix can be a tasty filling for your Pathrode (Kesuvina ele or Colocasia leaf rolls)
- Please note that this dose takes a little longer to cook than the regular dose. Once it is well roasted (or as per your preference), turn it around to roast well on the other side too. Enjoy this hot sumptuous Spicy dose with a dollop of ghee or butter.
- 100g of iPaaka Spicy dose makes 4-5 dosas.